Why we love it: Balsamic Green Bean Salad lasts in the fridge and easy to make. Servings 6-8. Approx. 6g of Protein
Balsamic Green Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans trimmed and cut to 3 inch long pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the green beans and blanch for 2-3 minutes. The beans should be just barely cooked through and still crisp.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water while the beans are cooking. Remove beans from hot water and place into ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain.
- Place the green beans and red onion in a large bowl. Toss in the olive oil to coat. Sprinkle in the balsamic and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top with chopped walnuts to serve.