Butternut Squash Soup. Why we love it: Easy to make and so delicious. Serve hot or cold.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tbsp avocado olive oil
- 1 whole carrot diced
- 1 whole celery stalk, diced
- 1 whole onion diced
- 4 cups butternut squash cubed, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp thyme chopped fresh
- 4 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 1/2 tsp sea salt fine
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- Heat avocado oil in a large soup pot. Add carrot, celery and onion.
- Cook until vegetables have begun to soften and onion turns translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in butternut squash, thyme, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until squash is fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to purée soup (or the blender you use for detox shakes).
- Serve hot or cold, perfect soup year round.