Why we love it: Crockpot recipe, easy to make, easy cleanup, and throw tons of veggies in there without even knowing you are eating them. Servings 2-3. Approx. 35g of protein per serving
Crock Pot Jambalaya Soup
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 whole peppers any color you want, chopped
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes organic (leave the juice)
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 lb shrimp large, raw and de-veined.
- 4 oz chicken diced
- 1 lb andouille sausage spicy
- 1 head cauliflower or Brown Rice (only if you want to make a cauliflower rice instead of brown rice)
- 2 cups okra (optional)
- 3 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 cup hot sauce
- Put the chopped peppers, onions, garlic, chicken, cajun seasoning, hot sauce, and bay leafs in the crockpot with the chicken stock.
- Set on low for 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before it’s finished, toss in the cut up sausages. While this is cooking quickly make rice.
- For the last 20 minutes, add in the rice and the raw shrimp.