Why we love it: Make a huge pan of this Garlic Mashed Cauliflower and keep it all week for as a side. Servings 2 – 4
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 whole cauliflower head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic head of
- 1 cup chives chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb, then cut off the very top of the head of garlic to expose the individual garlic cloves.
- Place in aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil, then seal the foil around the garlic. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cloves are soft. Allow garlic to cool, then squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of the skin.
- Meanwhile, place a couple inches of water in a large pot. Once water is boiling, place steamer insert and then cauliflower florets into the pot and cover. Steam for 12-14 minutes, until completely tender.
- Drain and return cauliflower to pot.
- Add roasted garlic, milk, butter, and salt to the cauliflower.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, combine ingredients until smooth.
- Top with chives and freshly ground pepper.