Pumpkin Season: We are all thrilled it is finally pumpkin season. Pumpkins are not only festive but in their most natural state, pumpkins have many great health benefits. The health benefits of this famous fall squash are extensive including; eye health, heart health, youthful skin, reducing the risk for cancer and more.
Top Reasons to Include more Pumpkin in your diet:
- Pumpkins May Reduce Your Risk of Cancer
- Pumpkins naturally boost the antioxidant of beta-carotene. This antioxidant has been proven to play a major role in cancer prevention. (According to National Cancer Institute)
- Pumpkins Naturally Protect Your Skin
- The carotenoids in Pumpkins will aid in keeping your skin wrinkle-free.
- Pumpkin Seeds Will Boost Your Mood
- Pumpkin seeds are packed with amino acids, specifically tryptophan. Tryptophan is a vital amino acid for the production of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is one of the key players in improving your mood.
- Pumpkins May Benefit Eye Sight
- Cooked pumpkins have high amounts of vitamins A, directly benefitting your eyes. In fact, according to the National Institute of Health a cup of cooked pumpkins has more than 200 percent of daily intake of vitamin A.
Pumpkins for Athletes:
Pumpkins actually serve major benefits for athletes. Along with the natural health benefits previously mentioned pumpkins have great post workout benefits. Cooked pumpkin is extremely high in potassium, even higher than bananas. Potassium will help restore the body’s electrolytes after a difficult workout and will benefit muscle function.
Pumpkins may also aid in weight loss benefiting everyone. Due to the high contents of fiber and minimal amounts of calories, pumpkin may actually help you eat less overall.
Pumpkin Pie Detox Shake
Add Ingredients to Blender
- RADO Nutrition Vanilla Detox Packet
- 10-12 oz of water, coconut water or dairy-free milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
Ice – optional