Simple Tips for Cutting Down on Healthy Food Costs: Many Americans, even some of our clients, are convinced that it is cheaper and easier to eat out every meal than cook from home. Reality is, you can’t put a price on your health. Often times, though eating out may seem more convenient at the time, it may actually be hurting your health in the long run. For those focused on saving money, the truth is that eating cheaper doesn’t not mean that you have to eat unhealthily. We have created some simple facts that will allow you to cut down on family food costs.
Tips for cutting down food costs while trying to live a healthier lifestyle:
- Drink More Water. Truth is most people save hundreds a month when they skip the juice and soda. Not to mention, this will help save your body and your liver from sugar and other toxic chemicals. Water will also help you feel full faster allowing you to eat less food.
- Plan Your Meals. Planning a weekly menu will help minimize food waste and stick to the eating at home regimen. Planning your meals will also help you stick to a budget and a macro nutrient content for your dietary needs.
- Cut and Prepare Your Own Food. Pre-cut food such as fruits and vegetables are often times much more expensive. Taking the extra time to cut your own could save you big.
- Get Creative with Leftovers. Time to taking your cooking knowledge to the next level. We love to reuse and reinvent our leftovers. Monday night’s Roasted Chicken leftover makes for the perfect beginning to Wednesday night’s Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- Supplement meals for RADO Nutrition Beef or Pea Protein. A protein shake is the perfect solution to your afternoon hunger. The rich chocolate of the delicious
protein is the perfect solution when you are craving something sweet.
To help cut down on food costs there are apps that will help you find the best deals on foods as well. Apps like Flipp and Southern Saver help you do price comparisons and even find coupons for the foods you need. There are plenty of other apps out there that will help you cut down on your grocery bills, this article includes some of them. Remember all it takes is a little planning and you can cut down on your food costs and still eat the RADO Nutrition way.