Top Foods RADO Nutrition Recommends to all Athletes
- Protein – Our Beef Protein is the perfect answer to making sure you are getting the protein you need as an athlete. Athletes need protein from items such as grass-fed beef to improve performance. The iron and vitamin B12 will help promote better performance. The RADO Nutrition Protein Shake is the best shake/food you can consume post workout along with our post workout packets.
- Coconut Oil and Coconut Water – Coconut oil and coconut water are vital, especially for endurance event athletes. Your body will burn the medium chain fatty acids as energy during your sport. Dr. Mercola states, “coconut water is one of the best and safest options to rehydrate yourself after a strenuous workout. If you need the electrolytes, it will provide them.” Time to get rid of that Gatorade and pick up the coconut water. Make sure you are choosing coconut water not from concentrate. Not all coconut waters are created equal.
- Bone Broth- We highly recommend bone broth due to the collagen it provides. This collagen will help improve your detoxification of metabolic waste, improve your joint movement, and heal your gut. This tip may sound a bit crazy, but you will love the results. One of our favorite brands of bone broth is OssoGood and they ship directly to you! Check out their site at https://www.ossogoodbones.com
- Chia – Chia and other superseeds are high in fiber, protein, and omega 3 fatty acids. These omega 3 fatty acids will increase your athletic performance. Salmon has high levels of these omega 3 fatty acids as well. Make sure you are eating wild caught salmon rather than farm raised to ensure high quality nutrients free of toxins.
- Vegetables – Vegetables are highly underrated; they play a huge role in your ability to recover. Vegetables ability to alkalize your body supports the recovery process allowing your body to recover faster. They are also an amazing source of minerals which are co-factors in many of the functions of the body.
- Berries – The antioxidants in berries will help athletes recover. We love all berries but especially wild blueberries. Wild Blueberries have the highest nutritional content than most berries and help your metabolism process faster. Wild blueberries are a super food when it comes to all the benefits this mighty little berries provide. Add berries to your RADO Nutrition Protein shake and you will have a much better recovery.