It’s a New Year and many of us are just a few days into trying to keep those pesky resolutions we made after a few glasses of bubbly. And if you’re like most of us, your New Year resolution had something to do with eating better, losing weight and improving your overall health.
So you’re probably wondering why we’ve started our first blog of the year with a cookie recipe! At RADO Nutrition we’re full of strategies, lifestyle changes and personalized nutrition for a “whole you” approach to your best self. And good nutrition and good food does not have to be scary or taste scary. Neither do cookies.
Lucky for us, our resident RADO Nutrition kitchenista Jasmine is always experimenting with delicious, healthy snacks and recipes that keep to our guidelines of wholesome and nourishing food. Food that is good for you. That means when she comes up with a cookie recipe, it isn’t going to derail you from your “New Year/New You” plan. This cookie is full of protein, fiber and vitamins while still satisfying that “guilty pleasure” craving we all have. And it’s the perfect pre-and-post workout snack.
We always remind our clients to avoid processed foods made with white sugar and foods that lack real ingredients. Fill the body with food it can use as fuel and avoid the “crash and burn” for our metabolism when we eat junk. Jasmine created magic with a sweet tasting snack by using whole and naturally sweetened ingredients.
These Vegan and Paleo “Let’s Get Nutty” Protein Cookies are full of flavorful protein from dates and nut butters. You can always experiment with a variety of nuts for a different flavor, but we used almonds, sunflower seeds, and chopped peanuts. Skip the coconut flakes if that’s not your thing but either way you’ll get a moist and filling cookie that will satisfy any appetite and sweet craving.
The addition of dates in this recipe give this cookie that naturally sweet taste without the needing any other sugars. Dates are high in fiber, calcium and minerals among other things, so not only do they sweeten the flavor profile of any recipe, they’re chock full of natural goodness that our bodies can use.
With this recipe, you can still have your cookie and eat it, too! No guilt here….Looking good and feeling good can still taste good. To your health!
“Let’s Get Nutty” Paleo Protein Cookies
- 1/3 -1/2 cup organic almond butter
- 1/3 -1/2 cup organic chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 - 1 cup whole dates (California or Medjool)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond, coconut or non-dairy milk
- 1 scoop RADO Nutrition vanilla protein powder https://radonutrition.com/shop/httpradonutrition-comproductrejuvenate-pea-protein/
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp hemp seed
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a food processor or blender, blend dates until smooth in texture. Add nut butters, baking powder, protein powder and milk. Blend well.
- Once blended, add remaining ingredients and mix with spoon. If necessary, add a few teaspoons of water to help ingredients stick together.
- Form 1 ½ inch balls with mixture and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press cookie dough balls flat. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. For crisper cookie, bake for 20 minutes.