Why we love it: Easy to make, you can add it to any meal for extra protein, great use of leftover chicken or use it to top your salads. Makes 8 servings. Approx. 24g of Protein per cup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper ground
- 2 whole apples small - peeled, cored, and cut. (Recommend Gala, Fuji, or Honey Crisp)
- 1 juice lime from whole lime
- 2 lbs chicken cooked (breast or thighs)
- 1 cup cilantro fresh, roughly chopped
- 2 whole scallions thinly sliced
- First, make the curried mayonnaise.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, toss the apple chunks with the lime juice. This will ensure that your apples won’t oxidize into brown, splotchy cubes - and the acid adds a nice zing to the salad, too.
- Shred the chicken by hand, and toss it into the bowl with the acidulated apples.
- Add the cilantro, scallions, and curried mayonnaise, and mix well.